Mittwoch, 19. November 2008

Alice

Above are the list of components playing with different geometries. The upper part of the trials show the different types of components: compacted, surfaces, bone-like. I am not sure which is the right type yet.

Then, I did look at various tessellation and space-filling polyhedra. I actually get inspired by 16-cell, a four-dimensional dipyramid and develop components in the lower part of the list. I use wireframe to review the interlocking within the component. I think some create cloud-like image, but I still doubt weather it's just a formal issue, not meaning the component itself is intelligent or embedded the idea of BwO....something is still missing and wait to be tested out ....

So, I am looking deeper into the Blur Building by D+S(R) to understand what Cloud/Blur Effect means to architecture of BwO. I think I have to understand what is Architecture of Atmosphere in order to not take that literally. I would also like to look at what aggregates and granular behavior are, which may also have particle behavior like cloud. 

Questions are 
- what are different ways of creating blur?
- what are responsive system? 
- what are different forms/effects of Ornamentation? How can differentiation happen in ornamentation? 




1 Kommentar:

Matias del Campo hat gesagt…

you are getting somewhere with the vague, fuzzy components. Now try to agglomerate them in a way that the start forming an enclosed space, interior conditions.

M