Samstag, 15. November 2008

Cloud Effect - Component with Ornamentation

  
This is very first attempt to create component with 4 arms, and then arranged in Maya. 

My intention is to look for a component with a geometry which is simple and yet complex enough to create various, irregular surfaces. This attempt is not yet successful to me because basically I can only create 2 dimensional surface, and the effect is too expectable.  

I would like to try module with different lengths and angles, which will result an emerging order. 

p.s. I will upload my research study presented last time later after I have combined it into few pages.

Another attempt to modify the 4 arms structure into a double curvature surface. Not yet done, but shadow casted on the ground could be part of the interplaying element.

1 Kommentar:

Matias del Campo hat gesagt…

Alice,

I agree on your scepticism. Your component needs
to be more intelligence to achieve the goal you set yourself. You could check out varies tessellation systems. Like spacefilling polyhedra and the likes. How about assymetry? Maybe thats the key to more variation. In any case, keep on working, rigorously exploring the possibilities in small components. Keep in mind we are exploring ornamentation as architectural quality.

Good work and keep up the critical thinking.

Best,

M

(PS.: keep posting your results)